The Nitrox Scuba Diver Course
The Nitrox Scuba Diver Course is the Gateway to truly one of the best ways to dive recreationally.
Nitrox is a mixture of Nitrogen and Oxygen, where a higher percentage of Oxygen is put into the mix.
Therefore there is less Nitrogen and then less probability of having to deal with it’s repercussions such as, Decompression Sickness and Nitrogen Narcosis.
Naui and Divetek qualifications are issued upon the successful completion of this course.
The Divetek Nitrox Scuba Diver is a Fantastic course and is the Most thorough Nitrox Scuba Diver Course in Southern Africa!
The course involves lectures on the following topics:
- What is Nitrox?
- Why use Nitrox?
- The history and development
- Open and closed circuit breathing systems
- Basic Nitrox theory
- CNS Toxicity
- Equivalent air depth
- Dive planning
- Nitrox equipment and analysis
- Participants must be able to swim
- Participants must have at least an Advanced Scuba Diver Qualification
- Minimum Age: 16
- Maximum Age: No limit provided the participant is healthy with no prior medical conditions.
- Prior Medical Conditions must be discussed with the Instructor allocated to the Course.
- Special mention should be made of the following Medical Conditions:
– Heart Disorders
– Lung Disorders
– Severe Claustrophobia
– Recent Chest Colds
– Recent Sinus Infections, Treatments and/or Surgeries
(Please note: Not all of the above mentioned medical conditions are a definite exclusion from an Nitrox Scuba Diver Course, and a participant may engage in the course provided a Medical Certificate is provided by his/her Doctor stating that said participant is fit to Dive.)