Learn to Scuba Dive – Open Water Scuba Diver Course – Get Certified!
Learn to dive – Open Water Scuba Diver Course.
Scuba diving is possibly one of the most rewarding activities you will ever embrace! The Open Water Scuba Diver Course is your Gateway to the Underwater World!
This course is your ticket to a whole new world filled with exotic, playful little creatures that will entertain and amuse all that are privileged to venture below the waves. You will experience total weightlessness and tranquillity as you glide through kaleidoscopes of colour and over reefs bursting with life just waiting to be explored.
Scuba diving is safe, FUN and easy….. join us for an Adventure of a lifetime!
The Open Water Scuba Diver Course is the first of many that trains and equips you to experience the unique underwater environment. It consists of 6 interactive lectures done in a very relaxed and informal format covering the basics of diving.
There are 6 fun filled, exciting confined water sessions done in a heated pool where you learn to play with all your new toys and master a few skills.
Finally you venture into the open water environment doing 6 dives where, all you have learned becomes a reality – the adventure has only just begun!
The course involves lectures on the following topics:
- Basic Physics
- Physiology and Diving
- Diving Equipment
- The Diving Environment
- Dive Tables
- Dive Safety
DIVETEK OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVER COURSE: R4,590
- All training materials including a manual, log book and dive tables.
- 6 evening lectures (no DVD training) – Very Thorough Training
- A Divetek Certification Card.
- NAUI Certification Card
- 6 Pool Sessions
- 3 dives at Miracle Waters
- 3 Sea Dives (In Winter, we do 5 sea dives and no Miracle Waters Dives FOR THE SAME PRICE!)
- Dives in Sodwana
- Accommodation in Sodwana
- COMPLETE GEAR HIRE (This includes the hire of all Soft Gear and Hard Gear)
- Entrance fees to Miracle Waters.
- Transport costs to Sodwana
- Meals @ Sodwana
- Parksboard fees in Sodwana (R40 per day and R50 per car)
- Diving License (yearly fee – approx. R90)
Please note that many people erroneously rush out and buy snorkelling equipment before attending the lectures. Scuba Diving is a specialised sport and your instructor is there to advise you on the most suitable equipment for you – Please wait for your equipment lecture to avoid any unnecessary expense!
- Participants must be able to swim
- Minimum Age: 12
- Maximum Age: No limit provided the participant is healthy with no prior medical conditions.
- Prior Medical Conditions must be discussed with the Instructor allocated to the Course.
- Special mention should be made of the following Medical Conditions:
– Heart Disorders
– Lung Disorders
– Severe Claustrophobia
– Recent Chest Colds
– Recent Sinus Infections, Treatments and/or Surgeries
(Please note: Not all of the above mentioned medical conditions are a definite exclusion from an Open Water Scuba Diver Course, and a participant may engage in the course provided a Medical Certificate is provided by his/her Doctor stating that said participant is fit to Dive.)
Time Requirements for the Course:
The Open Water Scuba Diver Course really requires a Time commitment from each of its participants. Our Course is incredibly thorough and every effort is made to make sure it is an enjoyable and manageable course for all students.
The Schedules require huge effort and planning from each allocated Instructor and participants are expected to attend the classes on time and as scheduled.
Should issues arise with regards to the schedule, it is the responsibility of the participant to set aside time to arrange a catchup session with their Instructors at their own cost.
- 7 Evenings are required for Lectures and a Pool Session
- 2 Full weekends are required to complete the Pool Training
- 4 days for the Sodwana Bay Trip over a Weekend are required for Qualification and the Qualifying Dives.
Upon completion of the Open Water Scuba Diver Course, the diver will be a Divetek Qualified Open Water Scuba Diver. This means the diver will be able to dive all over the world, both at coastal and Inland Locations with their Qualification cards. The Divers will be required to do an Advanced Scuba Diver Course before being able to take part in more Advanced dives such as Night and Deep Dives.
Divers will be issued with the Following:
- Divetek Qualification (Internationally Recognised)
- Naui Qualification (Internationally Recognised)
- Divers are Qualified to 30m.
Click on a Schedule Below to Register for the Divetek Open Water Scuba Diver Course: