Maximise your Diving Experience – Advanced Scuba Diver Course
The Most Important item of Scuba Diving Equipment is YOU.
Maximise your Diving Experience – The Advanced Scuba Diver Course expands on every diving experience.
The Advanced Scuba Diver Course is a fun course that is designed to guide and upgrade the beginner diver AND it is a continuation of your Open Water Course.
We are Firm believers that All SA Divers should take this course.
Naui and Divetek qualifications are issued upon the successful completion of this course.
The Divetek Advanced Scuba Diver is a Fantastic course and is the Most thorough Advanced Scuba Diver Course in Southern Africa!
We cover all the Major Specialities:( Students can choose which ones they would like to do)
- Dive Planning
- Navigation (Compass and Natural)
- Search and Recovery
- Night Diving
- Deep Diving
- Basic Diver Rescue
Course Costs: R 4,000
( Cost includes a weekend at Sterkfontein dam, 2 nights accommodation, 6 dives, and all food)
- All training materials
- 2 lectures (no DVD training) – Very Thourough Training
- An Internationally Recognised Divetek Certification Card
- NAUI Certification Card
- Any diving gear required
- 1 advanced buoyancy Pool Sessions
- Speciality dives at Sterkfontein at Sterkfontein Dam
- Accommodation and all meals at Sterkfontein Dam
- Equipment hire for duration of the course
- Transport costs to Sterkfontein Dam- R300 pp
- Each student will need to purchase their own torch and compass.
- We require a R500 non refundable deposit to book your spot a minimum of 2 weeks prior to course, and full payment must be made 1 week prior to start of course. If for some reason you are unable to attend the course, we can push you onto the next course, or refund you the course amount, less deposit as long as 24hour notice has been given. If cancellation occurs during the course, you will have to cover the accommodation fees as we book that in advanced.
- Clients must be able to swim
- Minimum Age: 16
- Maximum Age: No limit provided the client is healthy with no prior medical conditions.
- Prior Medical Conditions must be discussed with the Instructor allocated to the Course.
- Special mention should be made of the following Medical Conditions:
– Heart Disorders
– Lung Disorders
– Severe Claustrophobia
– Recent Chest Colds
– Recent Sinus Infections, Treatments and/or Surgeries
(Please note: Not all of the above mentioned medical conditions are a definite exclusion from an Advanced Scuba Diver Course, and a participant may engage in the course provided a Medical Certificate is provided by his/her Doctor stating that said participant is fit to Dive.)
Time Requirements for the Course:
The Advanced Diving Course really requires a Time commitment from each of its participants. Our Course is incredibly thorough and every effort is made to make sure it is an enjoyable and manageable course for all students.
The Schedules require huge effort and planning from each allocated Instructor and clients are expected to attend the classes on time and as scheduled.
Should issues arise with regards to the schedule, it is the responsibility of the client to set aside time to arrange a catchup session with their Instructors at their own cost.
- 2 Evenings are required a Lecture a and Pool Session.
- 3 days for the Sterkfontein Trip over a Weekend are required for Qualification and the Qualifying Dives.
Upon completion of the Advanced Scuba Diver Course, the diver will be a Divetek Qualified Advanced Scuba Diver. This means the diver will be able to dive all over the world, both at coastal and Inland Locations with their Qualification cards. They will also be entitled to join on more Advanced Dives, such as Deep Dives and Night Dives.
Divers will be issued with the Following:
- Divetek Qualification (Internationally Recognised)
- Naui Qualification (Internationally Recognised)
- Divers are Qualified to 40m.
- Divers will be qualified to do both Deep and Night Dives
Click on a Schedule Below to Register for the Divetek Advanced Scuba Diver Course: