Learn to dive –Try Scuba Diving!
Do something exciting? Thinking about Scuba Diving?
Ever wanted to know what it felt like to breathe underwater?
Look no further than the Divetek SSI Try Scuba Diver course!
We give you the opportunity to try Diving in a safe and warm environment. Get acquainted with the gear and feel comfortable breathing underwater before taking on the Full Open Water Course.
The SSI Try Scuba program is your introduction to the underwater world. This entry-level program gives you the opportunity to experience the underwater world, in a confined water setting. You will earn the SSI Try Scuba recognition rating.
TRY SCUBA DIVING COURSE: R800 pp
- 45min to an hour lecture on the Physics, Physiology and Equipment involved in diving
- 10min Snorkel Session
- 45min to an hour pool session on scuba
- Skills Focussed on:
– Water movement
– Equalisation of the ears
– Regulator Recovery
- Pool session in an indoor heated pool
- All equipment included (masks, snorkels, fins and scuba gear)
- SSI certificate of completion
- Participants must be able to swim
- Minimum Age: 8
- Maximum Age: No limit provided the participant is healthy with no prior medical conditions.
- Prior Medical Conditions must be discussed with the Instructor allocated to the Course.
- Special mention should be made of the following Medical Conditions:
– Heart Disorders
– Lung Disorders
– Severe Claustrophobia
– Recent Chest Colds
– Recent Sinus Infections, Treatments and/or Surgeries
(Please note: Not all of the above mentioned medical conditions are a definite exclusion from a Discover Scuba Diver Course, and a participant may engage in the course provided a Medical Certificate is provided by his/her Doctor stating that said participant is fit to Dive.)
Time Requirements for the Course:
The course lecture and pool session will be run on a Sunday morning, and will take around 4 hours.
*If none of our dates suit you and your party, we can arrange a private one at a time that suits you
Upon completion of the course, students will have learnt the basics of diving, the skills involved and the basic theory behind diving. Students will learn to dive to a maximum of 5 meters.
Deposit and payments
Payment needs to be made prior to course date or cash can be handed to your instructor on course day.
If cancellations have been made within 24hrs prior to course start, you will be refunded the full course fee.
Click on a Schedule Below to Register for the Divetek Discover Scuba Diver Course: