The trip will start off with 2 nights in Athens, followed by 7 nights on board a liveaboard, exploring some of the best dive sites Greece has to offer, then 2 nights in Santorini
WHERE WILL WE BE STAYING
RADISON BLU HOTEL IN ATHENS:
The hotel is right in the centre of Athens, at the edge of Pedion tou Areos, one of the city’s largest parks, and is only a short stroll from the National Archeological Museum. Enjoy comfortable rooms, with free high-speed Wi-Fi, marble bathrooms, and airconditioning throughout, to provide you with the utmost comfort. Maintain your fitness routine or relax after a busy day at our in-house fitness center, complete with sauna and steam room. Bask in the sunshine—with fabulous views of the city and its many architectural gems—by the stunning rooftop pool. When it comes to on-site dining, you’re spoiled for choice. The Oak Room Café is the perfect spot to indulge in coffee and cake after a morning of exploring. St’ Astra, on the top floor, is a dining experience like no other. Here you can savor craft cocktails and cosmopolitan Asian and Mediterranean fare, with stunning views of the iconic Acropolis.
Here we will also embark on some tours of the countries most spectacular historical sightings:
-The world famous Acropolis of Athens: Parthenon,
-Erechtheion and the Acropolis Museum,
-The ancient Agora, the place where democracy was born,
-Stoa of Attalos,
-Temple of Hephaestus,
-Odeon of Herodes Atticus,
-National Archaeological Museum
During your trip you will also visit the ancient Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion, the ancient Temple of Aphaea in the island of Aegina and the ancient Theatre in Epidavros.
AFRODITE VENUS HOTEL SANTORINI:
Beautifully situated on the Greek island of Santorini, one of the most spectacular islands in the world, in the heart of Kamari village, famous for its astonishing black-sand beach, deep-blue water, unique archaeological and historical heritage as well as lively nightlife and dining scene. The resort’s rooms feature a blend between traditional Greek décor and modern beauty with private balconies, relaxing pools, tranquil gardens and serene spa. You’ll encounter a seemingly endless variety of activities to enjoy during your stay, whether you prefer long days on our beach or greeting the morning with a swim in our outdoor pools or savour traditional Greek cuisine and wines at our inviting restaurants. When relaxation is in order, soothing sauna and pampering treatments at the Spa are ready to rejuvenate you.
While here you will also be doing 4 dives around this beautiful island and witness the beautiful underwater spectacular as a result of ancient volcanic events and eruptions.
Nautitech 47 has been carefully selected among other catamarans for her unique specifications in space, comfort, luxury & speed, as well as her ergonomics that make the diving concept not only feasible but also an unforgettable & fantastic liveaboard experience. This diving catamarans is equipped with dive-compressors for air and nitrox, water sports, underwater lighting & full diving equipment.
Divers will get to enjoy 2 dives in a different island every day. The dives are mostly wreck dives ranging at depths from 10m (33ft) to 35m (100ft), as well as impressive wall dives. During the dives, non divers can relax, swim, sunbath or canoe in a beautiful quiet cove where the boat will be anchored. Clients will also get the chance to disembark and enjoy exploring the islands.
WHERE WILL YOU BE DIVING
Dive plan will only be set closer to the time, based on recent weather conditions, visibility and dive conditions. Some of the sites may include:
– Cape Sounio – lies jut beneath the temple of Poseidon and is made up of small caves and canyons. The dive site has a depth of 12-24m with a visibility of around 20m. Divers require an open water qualification to dive this site.
– Patroklos Island – wreck dive located 8 miles off the coats of Anavisos made up of the Freighter Kyra Eleni split into two pieces. The dive site has a depth of 6 -28m, and divers are required to have an open water diver qualification.
– Fleves island – Wreck dive located 3 miles off the coast of Vouliagmen made up of the Jozina MV ship wreck . The dive site has a depth of 6 – 35m and requires divers to have an open water qualification. Cave diving located within the deep wall alone the coats of the island. The dive site has a depth of 3 – 40 m and divers are required to have an open water qualification.
– Agistri island – Wreck dive located just off the coast of Aponisosmade up of the Avantis III ship wreck. The dive site is 16 – 47m deep and requires divers to have an open water qualification and an advance deep diver qualification for the deeper sites.
– Poros island – Cave diving in the blue cave
– Hydra island – rich in underwater caves and reefs, as well as wreck diving the Dokos shipwreck. The dive site is 10 – 30m and requires an open water diving qualification
– Santorini- Its unique composition offers a great variety of diving for all levels due to its lack of currents and absence of tides, which makes it a perfect spot for diving Dive sites sit as a depth of 20 – 30m with a visibility of 20 – 30m. Santorini is also know for its underwater volcanic activity, creating magical dive sites. Divers are required to have an open water qualification.