The Real Way to Dive – Introduction to Free-Diving Course
The Legends in Free-Diving will tell you that it is the real diving, where you are underwater more like a fish or a seal than a clumsy scuba diver.
The Divetek Introduction to Free-Diving Course is your First step to joining the Elite World of Free-Diving. Upon completion of this course, Free-Divers will be issued with a Divetek Certification Card.
There are many advantages to free diving:
- The sense of freedom and ease that you have in the water
- You see far more as there are no bubbles
- By being on the surface you have an “aerial” view of the reef and can swoop down on anything that interests you
- You travel light with all your gear
- The cost per dive is often much less
- Above all, there is a huge sense of peace and belonging when gliding over the reef
- Free-Diving is a completely unique experience
There are three types of free diver:
- The competitive free diver, who sees who can last longer and go deeper
- The spearfishing type, who is there to hunt
- The diver who just loves to glide underwater.
The Divetek Introduction to Free-Diving Course has been designed for the Recreational Free-Diver. Although the course will allow you to move into the other disciplines if you so wish.
Upon completion of this course the average Free-Diver will be able to dive to an average of 15 meters. Essentially you will be able to join a scuba dive group by spending a minute and a half underwater followed by a minute and a half on the surface.
Free-Divers will be issued with a Divetek Certification Card.
The aim of the course is to get you to be able to do a minute underwater with a minute and a half on the surface (60/90). Further improvement is gained through practice.
DIVETEK INTRODUCTION TO FREE-DIVING COURSE: R1,600
- All training materials
- 1 lecture (no DVD training) – Very Thourough Training
- An Internationally Recognised Divetek Certification Card
- 2 Pool Sessions
- Dives at Miracle Waters
- Transport costs to Miracle Waters
- Entrance Costs at Miracle Waters
- Each student will need to purchase their own Soft Gear.
- Clients must be able to swim
- Minimum Age: 16
- Maximum Age: No limit provided the client is healthy with no prior medical conditions.
- Prior Medical Conditions must be discussed with the Instructor allocated to the Course.
- Special mention should be made of the following Medical Conditions:
– Heart Disorders
– Lung Disorders
– Severe Claustrophobia
– Recent Chest Colds
– Recent Sinus Infections, Treatments and/or Surgeries
(Please note: Not all of the above mentioned medical conditions are a definite exclusion from an Introduction to Free-Diving Course, and a participant may engage in the course provided a Medical Certificate is provided by his/her Doctor stating that said participant is fit to Dive.)
Time Requirements for the Course:
The Introduction to Free-Diving Course really requires a Time commitment from each of its participants. Our Course is incredibly thorough and every effort is made to make sure it is an enjoyable and manageable course for all students.
The Schedules require huge effort and planning from each allocated Instructor and clients are expected to attend the classes on time and as scheduled.
Should issues arise with regards to the schedule, it is the responsibility of the client to set aside time to arrange a catchup session with their Instructors at their own cost.
- 2 Evenings during the week are required for the Lectures and Pool Sessions
- 1 Sunday at Miracle Waters is required for Qualification and the Qualifying Free-Diving Dives.
Upon completion of the Introduction to Free-Diving Course, the diver will be a Divetek Qualified Free-Diver Diver. This means the diver will be able to free-dive all over the world in areas where it is permitted.
Introduction to Free-Diving Divers will be issued with the Following:
- Divetek Qualification (Internationally Recognised)
Click on a Schedule Below to Register for the Divetek Introduction to Free-Diving Course: