The Best way to Dive Recreationally – Nitrox Scuba Diver Course
The Nitrox Scuba Diver Course is the Gateway to truly one of the best ways to dive recreationally.
Nitrox is a mixture of Nitrogen and Oxygen, where a higher percentage of Oxygen is put into the mix.
Therefore there is less Nitrogen and then less probability of having to deal with it’s repercussions such as, Decompression Sickness and Nitrogen Narcosis.
Naui and Divetek qualifications are issued upon the successful completion of this course.
The Divetek Nitrox Scuba Diver is a Fantastic course and is the Most thorough Nitrox Scuba Diver Course in Southern Africa!
The course involves lectures on the following topics:
- What is Nitrox?
- Why use Nitrox?
- The history and development
- Open and closed circuit breathing systems
- Basic Nitrox theory
- CNS Toxicity
- Equivalent air depth
- Dive planning
- Nitrox equipment and analysis
DIVETEK ADVANCED NITROX SCUBA DIVER COURSE: R1,800
THE COURSE INCLUDES:
- All training materials including a manual, log book and dive tables.
- 2 evening lectures (no DVD training) – Very Thourough Training
- An Internationally Recognised Divetek Certification Card
- And of course, the Exam
- There are no dives or pool sessions for this course
- Participants must be able to swim
- Participants must have at least an Advanced Scuba Diver Qualification
- Minimum Age: 16
- Maximum Age: No limit provided the participant is healthy with no prior medical conditions.
- Prior Medical Conditions must be discussed with the Instructor allocated to the Course.
- Special mention should be made of the following Medical Conditions:
– Heart Disorders
– Lung Disorders
– Severe Claustrophobia
– Recent Chest Colds
– Recent Sinus Infections, Treatments and/or Surgeries
(Please note: Not all of the above mentioned medical conditions are a definite exclusion from an Nitrox Scuba Diver Course, and a participant may engage in the course provided a Medical Certificate is provided by his/her Doctor stating that said participant is fit to Dive.)
Time Requirements for the Course:
The Nitrox Diver Course really requires a Time commitment from each of its participants. Our Course is incredibly thorough and every effort is made to make sure it is an enjoyable and manageable course for all students.
The Schedules require huge effort and planning from each allocated Instructor and participants are expected to attend the classes on time and as scheduled.
Should issues arise with regards to the schedule, it is the responsibility of the participant to set aside time to arrange a catchup session with their Instructors at their own cost.
- 3 Evenings are required for a Lectures and Revision of Dive Tables
- 1 Evening for the Exam
Upon completion of the Nitrox Scuba Diver Course, the diver will be a Divetek Qualified Nitrox Scuba Diver. This means the diver will be able to dive all over the world, both at coastal and Inland Locations with their Qualification cards. They will also be entitled to join on all Nitrox Dives at all mixtures up to 40%
Divers will be issued with the Following:
- Divetek Qualification (Internationally Recognised)
- Naui Qualification (Internationally Recognised)
- Divers are Qualified to mixes up to 40%
Click on a Schedule Below to Register for the Divetek Nitrox Scuba Diver Course: