The Enriched Air Nitrox Course
The Nitrox Scuba Diver Course is the Gateway to truly one of the best ways to dive recreationally.
Nitrox is a mixture of Nitrogen and Oxygen, where a higher percentage of Oxygen is put into the mix.
Therefore there is less Nitrogen and then less probability of having to deal with it’s repercussions such as, Decompression Sickness and Nitrogen Narcosis.
Naui and Divetek qualifications are issued upon the successful completion of this course.
The SSI Enriched Air Nitrox program will teach you how to safely plan and dive with enriched air mixtures of up to 40% oxygen. Diving with enriched air can increase your no-decompression limits, increase your safety, and reduce the required length of your surface intervals when compared to air. You will earn the SSI Enriched Air Nitrox 32% or 40% certification after completing this program.
- Participants must be able to swim
- Participants must have at least an Advanced Scuba Diver Qualification
- Minimum Age: 15
- Maximum Age: No limit provided the participant is healthy with no prior medical conditions.
- Prior Medical Conditions must be discussed with the Instructor allocated to the Course.
- Special mention should be made of the following Medical Conditions:
– Heart Disorders
– Lung Disorders
– Severe Claustrophobia
– Recent Chest Colds
– Recent Sinus Infections, Treatments and/or Surgeries
(Please note: Not all of the above mentioned medical conditions are a definite exclusion from an Nitrox Scuba Diver Course, and a participant may engage in the course provided a Medical Certificate is provided by his/her Doctor stating that said participant is fit to Dive.)