The Legends in Free-Diving will tell you that it is the real diving, where you are underwater more like a fish or a seal than a clumsy scuba diver.
The Divetek Introduction to Free-Diving Course is your First step to joining the Elite World of Free-Diving. Upon completion of this course, Free-Divers will be issued with a Divetek Certification Card.
There are many advantages to free diving:
- The sense of freedom and ease that you have in the water
- You see far more as there are no bubbles
- By being on the surface you have an “aerial” view of the reef and can swoop down on anything that interests you
- You travel light with all your gear
- The cost per dive is often much less
- Above all, there is a huge sense of peace and belonging when gliding over the reef
- Free-Diving is a completely unique experience
There are three types of free diver:
- The competitive free diver, who sees who can last longer and go deeper
- The spearfishing type, who is there to hunt
- The diver who just loves to glide underwater.
The Divetek Introduction to Free-Diving Course has been designed for the Recreational Free-Diver. Although the course will allow you to move into the other disciplines if you so wish.
Upon completion of this course the average Free-Diver will be able to dive to an average of 15 meters. Essentially you will be able to join a scuba dive group by spending a minute and a half underwater followed by a minute and a half on the surface.
Free-Divers will be issued with a Divetek Certification Card.
The aim of the course is to get you to be able to do a minute underwater with a minute and a half on the surface (60/90). Further improvement is gained through practice.
- Clients must be able to swim
- Minimum Age: 16
- Maximum Age: No limit provided the client is healthy with no prior medical conditions.
- Prior Medical Conditions must be discussed with the Instructor allocated to the Course.
- Special mention should be made of the following Medical Conditions:
– Heart Disorders
– Lung Disorders
– Severe Claustrophobia
– Recent Chest Colds
– Recent Sinus Infections, Treatments and/or Surgeries
(Please note: Not all of the above mentioned medical conditions are a definite exclusion from an Introduction to Free-Diving Course, and a participant may engage in the course provided a Medical Certificate is provided by his/her Doctor stating that said participant is fit to Dive.)