The Beautiful Sodwana Bay
Sodwana Bay is located on the east coast of South Africa.
It is a narrow strip of forested sand dunes located along the KwaZulu Natal coast. It is known for having the most densely vegetated Sand Dunes and it was proclaimed a national park in the 1950s.
Classified as one of the top dive sites in the world this 50 km reef complex boasts around 95 species of hard and soft coral, sponges, other invertebrates and around 1200 different tropical fish species.
It attracts a huge amount of scuba divers every year and has become one of our favourite Dive Sites as we frequent Sodwana every month, both with casuals divers and Open Water Students.
Diving with Divetek to Sodwana Bay
-Divetek goes to Sodwana every month. Please see ourSodwana Bay travel schedules for the dates for the next few Months.
These trips also involve us taking down Open Water Students for their Qualifying Dives, but we always welcome casual divers to join on these trips. Unless requested otherwise, casual divers will do separate dives to the students.
These trips are mostly run over the weekend from a Thursday to Sunday.
-Divetek does all the bookings and arrangements for you. Based on availability and group sizes, we stay in Self-catering units either at the beautiful Sodwana Bay Lodge, the brand new stunning Jesser Point lodge , or any of the other surrounding lodges.
We supply all the basic condiments for each house, and clients are only asked to bring along their meals and drinks for the weekend.
-Transport can also be arranged should you not wish to drive down by yourself.
– We try go out of our way to make these weekends enjoyable for everyone, and like to include some additional activities for the group such as a trip to lake Sibaya, a group braai, and a nice evening in one of the local restaurants ( because who wants to cook on their first night).
R3 600 : 3 Nights and 4 Dives
R3 200 : 3 Nights and 3 Dives
R420 for a single dive
R800 per person per night for extra nights accommodation ( high season)
R700 per person per night for extra nights accommodation(low season)
- Dives as described above as well as airfills
- Tea, coffee and basic Condiments
- Divemasters and Instructors on board
- Equipment Rental (R80 per item per diving day)
- Cylinder and weight belt rental
- Entrance into Isimangaliso Wetland Park
- Transport (R500 per person return)
- Reef Surcharges: R30 – 5 Mile, R60 – 7 Mile, R80 – 9 Mile.
- Nitrox fills (R150 per fill)
Please note that dives will only be refunded based on bad weather. We do not refund dives for illness, hangovers, tiredness or for ” I don’t feel like it”
*we require a R600 non refundable deposit to book your spot on this trip. Final Payment needs to be in 2 weeks prior to trip. If cancellation is prior to one week of departure, we will refund you the full amount less deposit. If cancellation is less than one week of departure, we will refund you amount payed, less accommodation fees and deposit amount.
If for some reason the trip is cancelled on our side, we will credit you for the next trip, or we can refund you the full amount.
Click on a Schedule Below to Register for the Divetek Sodwana Bay Travel Trips: